Most dental emergencies in Decatur, IL have a way of letting you know they’re there. Whether it’s through pain or visible damage like a missing tooth, your child’s dental emergency will noticeably interrupt your life.
You’ll recognize a dental emergency by symptoms such as:
- Pain and discomfort
- Bleeding or pus
- Swelling, inflammation, and tenderness
- Visible cracks, chips, fractures, or breaks
- Sharp orthodontic wires or brackets
- Teeth in places they aren’t supposed to be, such as outside the mouth or bent at abnormal angles
If you have a dental emergency on your hands, it will interfere with your daily activities. Dental emergencies impact your ability to sleep, eat, speak, and socialize, and severe emergencies make it feel unbearable to wait even a few hours to see a dentist.
Children's Dental Emergencies in Decatur, IL
As your pediatric emergency dentist in Decatur, IL, we’ve seen dental emergencies happen time and time again. Common emergency-inducing scenarios include:
- Your child getting hit in the face during tag at school
- Biting into a hard, chewy candy, such as Starbursts or Skittles, and damaging a tooth
- A stray wire from braces coming loose or having a sharp end
- Children knocking a baby tooth loose or entirely out after falling and hitting their head
If your child has dental pain that’s severe enough to complain about, or if you can see damage to a tooth just by looking in their mouth, you need to call our Decatur, IL dentist at (217) 875-3080.