Summer is upon us, which means vacations from school and potential travel plans for area families.
The team at Jerger Pediatric Dentistry wants you and your loved ones to enjoy all that summer has to offer. But we also remind little ones to be vigilant with their oral health this season. If it’s time for a checkup and teeth cleaning, start the holiday with a clean bill of health! And who knows, an appointment with our pediatric dentist in Decatur, IL, might earn your child a place in next month’s smile club.
Check out April’s Smile Club list below! These are children who worked extra hard to keep their smiles healthy.
Tips from Our Pediatric Dentist in Decatur, IL
We encourage children to enjoy their time away from books and homework, but we also advocate for their continued oral health.
- This summer, remind your child to brush their teeth at least twice daily or after each meal. For older children, encourage flossing as well.
- Snacking and treats like ice cream are popular during the warmer months. But never let your child go to sleep with debris on their teeth. Add an extra brushing session if needed.
- Please bring your child into our dental office every six months for a checkup and age-appropriate teeth cleaning.
- If you notice any oral changes or if your child complains of a toothache or other issue, alert our dental team as soon as possible.
- If your child is active in sports during the summer months, including ball-oriented games, talk to our dentist about a custom mouthguard to protect their smile.
Contact Your Children’s Dentist Near Me Today
Whether it’s pediatric braces in Decatur, IL, or regular checkups and teeth cleanings, we are here for you. Give us a call today to schedule an appointment or if you have questions about our treatments.