Dr. Bret Jerger
I am a lifelong resident of Decatur, IL, and am committed to the health of children in my community. After completing my residency at Riley Children's Hospital, I began working with my father, who established Jerger Pediatric Dentistry in 1966. I have been practicing pediatric dentistry in Decatur since 1995. Together, we have provided care to Central Illinois for over 50 years.
I enjoy helping to create beautiful smiles for our young patients while getting to know them and watching them grow up. My biggest goal is to create a safe, comfortable atmosphere where children have a positive first impression of dentistry.
EDUCATION AND CONTINUING EDUCATION
Bachelor's Degree – Indiana University
Doctorate of Dental Surgery – Indiana University
Pediatric Dental Residency – Riley Children's Hospital/Indiana University
In addition to my pediatric dental education, I have also completed four separate year-long orthodontic training courses.
- American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry
- American Dental Association
- Illinois Pediatric Dental Society
- Indiana Pediatric Dental Society
- Illinois State Dental Society
- Decatur District Dental Society
- American Orthodontic Society
- American Association of Functional Orthodontics
- International Association of Orthodontics
- St. Mary's Hospital Decatur, IL
- Academy of Laser Dentistry
- Pediatric Dentist Representative on the Illinois Access to Care Committee
Currently, I am serving as chairman of Give Kids a Smile and National Children’s Dental Health Month for Central Illinois and was awarded by the Illinois State Dental Society for success of these events in 2006, 2007, 2009, 2010, and 2011.
OUTSIDE THE OFFICE
My wife, Tracey, and I have two daughters, Cailin and Ashton. My time outside of work is spent with my family, whether I’m coaching one of my girls’ sports or being a proud parent in the stands, cheering them on. I also enjoy keeping active by jogging and playing golf.
As a member of Holy Family Catholic Church, I am involved in my community through their various outreach programs, and I also sponsor many events throughout our community.