What services does children's dentistry include?
As your child grows, their oral health needs are always changing. Obviously, a toddler with baby teeth will have different needs than a six-year-old whose permanent teeth are already erupting.
Dentistry for Your Child’s Changing Needs
At Jerger Pediatric Dentistry in Decatur, IL, we’re here for your child as they grow. Some of the dental procedures we will recommend for children are:
- Preventive teeth cleanings – As soon as your little one starts getting teeth, they need professional dental cleanings. We’ll make sure their teeth are healthy and free of decay and gum disease.
- Digital x-rays – The American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry recommends that children with a high risk for cavities get x-rays every six months. Kids with a low risk require less frequent x-rays.
- Tooth-colored fillings – Cavities need to be filled as soon as possible, even in baby teeth. We use tooth-colored fillings on teeth that are obvious when your child smiles.
- Stainless steel crowns – Severely damaged baby teeth may need more protection than a dental filling provides.
- Fluoride treatments and sealants – Both help to keep your child’s teeth strong and healthy and help prevent cavities.
Arrange a Dental Appointment for Your Child at Jerger Pediatric Dentistry
These routine dental appointments are meant to help your child avoid the discomfort of oral health problems in the future. Early treatment can also help you save money on dental bills for your family. If you would like to arrange an appointment with a pediatric dentist in Decatur, please call our dental office, and we’ll be happy to assist you.