As a parent, you understand that children can get into all sorts of mischief. Unfortunately, they might even find themselves faced with a dental emergency in Decatur, IL.
If your child hurts their tooth, you might wonder if it’s severe enough to take them to the dentist for emergency treatment. Usually, the answer is yes.
Even though your child will eventually lose their baby teeth in a natural way, it’s essential to take care of these teeth while they’re still part of your child’s smile. Keeping their baby teeth healthy and strong ensures that their permanent teeth will grow in at the right time and in the right spots.
Common Children's Dental Emergencies in Decatur, IL
Our Decatur, IL dentist can care for your child’s dental injuries, including common pediatric dental emergencies such as:
- Knocked-out teeth from everyday situations like recess and sports practice
- Extreme orthodontic discomfort if your child has braces
- Toothaches and sensitivity, including associated ear pain and jaw pain
- Broken and cracked teeth
- Loose or lost tooth fillings and dental crowns
- Infected or abscessed teeth (especially noticeable if your child complains of a persistent bad taste in their mouth or has a fever accompanied by dental pain)
If you need a “dentist near me” to treat your child’s dental emergency, don’t wait to contact us. We will relieve your child’s dental pain and repair their broken tooth. Call us immediately at (217) 875-3080.